We are committed to being good stewards of the environment, and the Company has and will continue to put sustainable practices in place.
Though our industry may not have as large an environmental impact as others, we try to maximize the efficient use of natural resources in our corporate workplaces and reduce our environmental footprint through efforts such as:
- Recycling and using recycled materials
- Installing smart lighting system
THE PRACTICAL STEPS WE TAKE
We monitor and evaluate our environmental impacts, and are committed to making continuous improvements by always looking at ecologic products and working with suppliers who environmentally conscious.
- Use of Paper: all new starters are now sent soft copies of their paperwork and the employee handbook with the opportunity to request a hard copy.
- Energy use: by installing smart lighting systems and using environmentally safe and sustainable energy sources to meet our needs. We invest in improved energy efficiency products.
- Recycling: we recognise that a part of our corporate environmental strategy is sustainable waste management and as such we recognise our responsibility to recycle materials wherever possible. We participate to mixed recycling using thefirstmile.co.uk
- Disposal of waste: we minimize waste, and whenever possible recycle materials. We dispose of all waste through safe and responsible methods. We have several normal and recycling bins around the office.
- Supply chain: we work with our suppliers to ensure they recognise and reduce the environmental impact of their products and transportation. By asking them to complete a Supplier Evaluation Questionnaire.
- Training personnel: we implement any policies we have through guidelines and training for all staff.
- Transportation: by using public transport etc, wherever possible, we aim to reduce fuel consumption and lower exhaust emissions. Our employees don’t use their car for business meetings and pool cars do not form part of our benefits package.
- Audit: we conduct an annual self-evaluation of our performance in implementing these principles and in complying with all applicable laws and regulations.