Location: Galway, Ireland
Working type: Full time
Hybrid: one connect week per month
About the role:
We're collaborating with a leading financial services company in the search for a Technical Lead.
If you have over 8 years of experience with streaming technologies like Kafka, deep knowledge of cloud services, and a proven ability to lead and innovate in building cloud-hosted applications, then this is the right role for you!
Your primary responsibility in this role is to lead the strategic vision and execution for a Kafka-based Streaming Platform, ensuring alignment of team efforts with client needs and the broader product roadmap. You will guide your squad through innovative development, prioritizing tasks to deliver high-quality solutions efficiently. Additionally, you'll focus on team development and simplifying the use of cloud technologies.
- Define, refine, and communicate the squad's mission and roadmap.
- Inspect progress, identify, and remove impediments.
- Anticipate client/partner needs and prioritize them to steer the team's efforts and project direction.
- Evaluate and communicate results against set acceptance criteria.
- Measure performance against objectives and KPIs.
- Make decisions on quality, cost, and timelines to find the right balance.
- Engage with product teams to simplify container management and accelerate feature delivery.
- Bring 8+ years’ work experience in Kafka, Redpanda, Kinesis, Kubernetes, Java, and containers tools.
- In-depth knowledge of at least one public cloud service provider (Azure, AWS, GCP).
- Practical experience in building cloud-hosted and native applications.
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes and experience in a production environment.
- Experience with internet security (OAuth, Open ID Connect).
- Hands-on experience with modern distributed Software Architecture Patterns (e.g., CQRS/Event Sourcing, Streaming, Microservices).
- Strong focus on execution and ability to remove impediments.
- Balance of technology and non-technology skills to meet broad customer needs.
If you're interested or know someone who might be, apply directly or send me an email at email@example.com