My client is a highly reputable investment bank based in London. They are looking for a Senior Application Support Engineer to support the Electronic Trading Team.
- You will support a number of applications that will allow traders to trade electronically
- This candidate will be working as a Senior Application support Analyst/Engineer.
- You will be working on monitoring applications and well as working on release deployment.
- You will work very closely with the business and the trading desks themselves, as well as the development teams
- You'll be primarily e-trading support. Working on Low touch applications that are all done electronically.
- The team supports the 3 main asset classes, FX, futures, and equities.
- With regards to Futures and FX it’s a global model and there are members in APAC and New York.
- From an Equities standpoint, it's more local.
- Primarily they would be app support background.
- Most people in these teams have a certain level of scripting skills.
- Product management environment. Dealing with incidents and accidents.
- Unix Linux would be essential and SQL.
- Equities knowledge is a must
- Low touch/e trading is highly beneficial
There is some rota work, there is either the early shift which starts at 7am and finishes at 4pm or the late shift which is 9 to 6.
There is some, although very little, weekend work. Twice a quarter 8 times a year is the max.