Seeking an Application Support Engineer with experience in supporting information management and data warehousing platforms within the financial institution. This is a Permanent Full-Time role.
- The role sits within the Enterprise Information Management team and is responsible for providing Level 2 support to applications built on its centralized Big Data platform.
- With thousands of daily batch jobs, near real-time data, and analytics being processed daily, this role is responsible to ensure that SLA targets are met for our batch jobs and incident tickets
- The role is responsible for initially supporting this transition, and eventually adapting to be able to support it efficiently.
- At least 3 years of experience working in various stages of the software development lifecycle
- Experience working in the financial services industry
- Hands-on support experience - Incident, Problem, and Change Management
- Experience supporting information management and data warehousing platforms
- Data and systems management
- Hadoop administration and utilities
- Java, virtual environments
- Sound understanding of Linux/Unix
- Familiar with Hadoop development tools & utilities (Pig, Hive, Java, Sqoop, Flume, etc.) and CDH.
- Working experience with Source Code Repository systems and data lineage standards is essential, and the ability to use revision control systems such as Git
- Independent and adaptable in stressful situations and environment
- Good team player in a diverse and inclusive working environment
- Excellent communications skills
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships with business and technology partners