Manager - Strategic Accounting Solutions (FSI) - Audit & Assurance - Hong Kong
About the Business
With accounting standards getting ever so complicated while innovative business models continue to emerge due to technological advancement, businesses, lawyers and sponsors now more than ever seek assistance from us in helping them to navigate the accounting landscape.
From advising on accounting policy options to optimize financial position, implementing new accounting standards to evaluating the accounting feasibility of intricate business arrangements, we support our clients on highly complex transactions and deals so that they can focus their energy on growing their businesses.
Work you'll do
- Helps clients to research and evaluate different accounting policy options available in an emerging business model or complex transaction and recommend practical solutions that could help optimizing their financial positions/ performances while staying compliant to applicable financial reporting framework and regulations
- Advises clients on the implementation of new accounting standards (e.g. IFRS 9, 15, 16 or 17), including but not limited to: assessing the financial impact of the new standard, advising on changes needed to existing policies and processes to assisting on the redesign and testing of the existing reporting system
- Supports forensic specialists and lawyers in investigating fraudulent accounting scheme, quantifying the impacting of misstatements and providing expert opinion in court
- Works hand in hand with lawyers, sponsors, investors and auditors to assess the accounting feasibility of intricate business arrangements in a deal (e.g. restructuring, business model, etc.) and their impacts on financial performance
- Assists clients to manage the accounting compliance obligations in various jurisdictions as well as handle regulatory challenges
- Prepares and facilitate accounting trainings/ workshops for clients, such as finance teams, board of directors, audit committee, lawyers, sponsors, research analysts, etc.
- Contributes to developing, growing and maintaining relationships with strategic priority clients
- Manages client pursuits, proposal preparation and pitching process
- Builds an in-depth knowledge of the client’s business and stays up-to-date on industry activities, marketplace trends, and leading practices
- Applies quality assurance, risk management, and confidentiality procedures in all areas of work performed and managed
- Stays abreast of industry trends, new regulations and financial reporting requirements that may have an impact on our clients
- Understands their business security, ethical and compliance responsibilities, displaying leading practice and actively encouraging appropriate behavior of engagement teams
- Offers insightful recommendations about a broad range of complex issues related to the professional's area of focus by leveraging knowledge and experience in the entity's sector
- Proactively manages the project plan through efficient use of resources and tracking delivery of assigned tasks, guiding team members' prioritization
- Provides appropriate guidance to the engagement team in relation to the application of tools, guidance and methodology in delivering the engagement
- Identifies, anticipates, scopes, and converts relevant opportunities leveraging relationships built in chosen areas of focus and actively supports bids
- Demonstrates the ability to apply leading practices to relevant business operations, including financial processes and leading practices
- Deploys knowledge in a wide range of scenarios and is effective in achieving appropriate engagement objectives and/or business outcomes for stakeholders
A fit for the role? Let's talk about you.
We are looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree of any disciplines
- Professional accounting qualification (e.g. HKICPA, CICPA, AICPA, etc.) is preferred, but would also consider candidate with strong client delivery experience
- At least five years’ experience in delivering professional services as an auditor of financial statements or a consultant in the area of accounting/ finance
- In-depth understanding of HKFRS/ IFRS, PRC GAAP and/or US GAAP with knowledge and experiences in the application of new accounting standards (i.e. IFRS 9, 15, 16 and/or 17)
- Ability to relate accounting standards and financial reporting regulations to business processes as well as to generate business benefits and optimize financial position/ performance for clients on top of staying compliant
- Strong interest in the business development as well as develop your thought-leadership and eminence over-time
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in in both English and Mandarin Chinese, including both technical and business writing, documentation and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Please contact me on email@example.com.