Cash Equities Application Support London
As a Cash Equities Application support, you will be working within the London Cash Equities Application Management team, and based on the trading floor. The primary responsibility is to ensure the continued availability, effectiveness, and accuracy of the strategic sales and trading platforms. You will be working within the problem and incident management framework, be proactive and have excellent communication skills as well as outstanding client-facing skills, and be able to prioritize issues and escalate where appropriate.
What will you be doing?
• Providing support for Cash Equities Technology in London, with a particular focus on trading/sales-based applications • Developing specialist knowledge in relevant systems, sharing that knowledge, as required, with global teams.
• Liaising with internal traders, operations, and other stakeholders on potential process improvements.
• Taking ownership of issues through to resolution or escalation, as appropriate.
• Proactively improve the quality of systems and services, and increase business value.
• You will undertake projects as required, including, but not restricted to, the following capacity and performance management, monitoring initiatives, infrastructure upgrades,
• Knowledge of web-based tools, reporting, documentation, audit, and regulatory requests.
• Upholding and championing policies, procedures, and standards.
What we’re looking for:
• Experience in a business-facing application support role in an Investment Bank
• Experience in supporting trading systems, preferably complex Cash Equities trading/risk systems, and a Track record of delivering continuous service improvement
• Effective communicator who can demonstrate strong influencing skills
• Exceptional knowledge of supporting applications on Unix platforms
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience working with relational databases (DB2, SQL Server and Oracle)
• Exposure to middleware technologies (ex. Tibco RV and Solace) is desirable
• In-depth knowledge of the Equities and genuine interest in financial markets
• Scripting (Bash /Perl/Python) skills and experience in automation are desirable, but not mandatory, supporting Cash Equities HighTouch function will be an advantage
Hybrid Working, We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.