I am searching for a Corporate Action Specialist to join their PostTrade Strategy team. Their global trading platform supports trading across many asset classes and geographies, and the PostTrade team designs and operates the systems and processes that reconcile the firm’s trading with their various brokers and counterparties. This is all done whilst maintaining a firm grip on post-trading processes for securities transactions in Europe, as they seek to achieve harmonisation, standardisation and consolidation through best practice and regulation. In addition to reconciling trades and positions around the globe, this team collaborates with multiple teams to research corporate actions, maintain commissions programs, and track all costs incurred by our trading.
Being a global member of PostTrade Strategy means working as part of a tight knit, highly productive team. Corporate actions are a growing priority for the team and they’re looking for someone who loves utilizing technology and automation tools to work on a wide scope of operational projects.
- Analyse corporate action events from external data sources and verify accuracy of information.
- Monitor all upcoming corporate actions and ensure proper processing throughout global infrastructure.
- Identify and review corporate action event taxability, ensuring key stakeholders are appropriately updated.
- Collaborate with teams across the firm to identify opportunities for new and improved workflows around the processing, settlement, and reconciliation of corporate action events.
- Effectively manage and communicate risk around events and liaise with their Dev and Operations teams to optimize accordingly.
- Interface with clearing houses and prime brokers on voluntary and election-based actions.
- Design reporting and monitoring tools as appropriate.
- Document complex processes to develop clear procedural guidelines.
- Experience with the post-trade life cycle of equities, fixed income, and options.
- Experience with external relationship management, including technology vendors, prime brokers, banks, etc.
- 5+ years experience with corporate actions.
- Experience with SQL and relational databases.
- Strong knowledge of APAC and EMEA markets.
- You have excellent communication skills and enjoy working closely with people across multiple teams.
- You take ownership of your work and are willing to admit and learn from mistakes.
- You can debug, analyse, and troubleshoot problems under fast turnaround times.
- You thrive when working with people who challenge you and help you improve.
- You are analytical by nature and have a high attention to detail.
- You can effectively maintain accuracy and speed while processing large amounts of information.
- You are excited to work independently in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Experience with Bloomberg is a plus.
- Knowledge of UNIX operating systems is preferred (Linux)