The Hiring Company is a Global Software Giant and one of the most stable companies in the world. They're looking for a Deal Desk Analyst to support the sales organization on deal approvals with cross functional teams like Sales, Legal, Finance etc.
THIS IS A 1 YEAR CONTRACT ROLE THAT IS SUBJECT TO CONVERSION OR EXTENSION SHOULD YOU DO WELL.
- Support with deal structuring and quoting various complex deal options
- Be the key business liason between the Sales Team and other stakeholders in the organization.
- Partner with sales teams to identify client needs and assist in structuring a deal that meet both Client and Organization needs.
- Main point of contact for deal approvals and escalations
- Collaborate closely with the sales team to provide guidance on deal structuring, quoting, and options for complex deals, ensuring consistent policy application.
- Meet specified metrics and service levels while serving as the primary point of contact for deal approvals and escalations to internal stakeholders.
- Engage with Business Unit, Legal, Credit, Revenue Assurance, Audit and Compliance, Order Management, Sales Operations, and Customer Success Manager for seamless deal processes.
- Utilize SFDC CPQ to ensure Quotes and Contracts adhere to internal policies and procedures.
- Provide in-quarter deal status updates and communication to sales finance and sales management.
- Evaluate existing processes, offering recommendations for improvement.
- Undertake ad-hoc responsibilities and analysis as required to support the team.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in Deal Desk, Pricing, Sales Finance, Sales Operations, or Revenue role within the Enterprise Software/SaaS industry.
- Proven success in collaborating with internal business units and cross-functional teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to articulate complex issues and think quickly.
- Strong analytical, commercial acumen, project management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment, delivering accuracy while independently managing deadlines in an adaptive setting.
- Good understanding of revenue recognition rules.
- Proficient in Salesforce.com, CPQ/quoting tools, and Microsoft Office applications.
- Mandarin speaking required due to job coverage; Korean speaking is advantageous.
- Education: Bachelor's in Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience.