Executive Director – Digital Servicing Capabilities
Accountable to deliver end to end omni-channel client servicing capabilities with specific focus on service requests. This will involve making all service requests processing straight through from online down to the core banking systems, migrating them to digital channels with an ability to initiate a service request in one channel and complete it in another (Omni-Channel Experience). Understand client’s needs and proactively delight them with special experiences to drive superior client experience.
This will involve working across multiple teams including analytics, technology, products, segments and distribution to enable an end to end client journey across channels including online, mobile, workbench, ATMs and voice and virtual.
The role entails significant complexity and scale in terms of the number of processes, countries, systems architecture, stakeholders and client base, pacing the rate of change to ensure quality deliverables, balancing the need to deliver change with the emergence of legacy issues and the subsequent need to remediate them adds complexity to the task.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Digital Servicing Capabilities
- Develop end to end client journeys to drive client servicing capability. Understand client’s needs and proactively delight them with special experiences to drive superior client experience.
- Develop and maintain a strategic plan with a year on year delivery plan.
- Work with all stakeholders and functional groups to deliver the digital capability in line with Retail Banking end-to-end Digital strategy
- Lead a team of Product Owners to deliver the capabilities through agile delivery teams.
- Work with the country teams to agree on the global capabilities and prioritisation.
- Accountability to maximise delivery of business benefits from the capabilities developed.
- Program Delivery
- Overall responsibility to ensure the delivery is within the planned cost and timelines and in line with business expectations.
- Actively control the project by monitoring threats and deviations to time, cost and quality as agreed in the plan.
- Chair regular working groups / committees to report progress
- Quantify the impact on time, cost and quality of risks, issues and change requests to the PSG / PSC, enabling them to make informed decisions
- Present project updates to PSG / PSC meetings on progress, key risks, issues, dependencies, assumptions and constraints, seeks their support to remove roadblocks
- Manages and motivates the projects, to deliver according to plan and schedule. Holds people to account, recognises good behaviour and performance, proactively addresses poor performance
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the project.
- Raise all issues and risks to the required governance forums
- Employ a strict change management process, to limit and control scope creep
- Partner with the PSG / PSC in seeking sign-offs and approvals
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Group, Region and Country Heads, Retail Products
- Country and Regional Business Heads
- Group Heads ITO and Delivery Heads ITO
- Group, Region and country Digital Banking team
- COO, Retail Products, Digital & Segments
- Head Risk Control Owners – FCC, Operational Risk, L&C Retail Banking
- Investment Portfolio Governance team
Qualifications and Skills
- 15 to 20years’ experience in: –
- Experienced in managing a business line (with P&L) through a large Business, Product or Sales Head roles.
- Experience in managing medium-to-large scale digital business development programs with focus on client servicing.
- Bachelors or Masters in Business or relevant degree.
- Understanding of Retail Banking systems, processes and risk management.
- Experience in Business Process Management (BPM) is a plus, but not essential.
- Strong Communication Skills to manage key stakeholders and senior business leader’s expectations and to resolve conflicts/issues.
- Change Management Expertise and ability to manage dependencies across multiple initiative, projects and programs.