This is a senior role within the Financial Markets Post Trade & Transaction group at a leading global bank which will encompass responsibility and accountability for the delivery of the Client Clearing technology programme as well as responsibility for performance and stability of the client clearing platform in production. The role will involve working in a dynamic global team with software engineers, business stakeholders, application management, operational partners and other technical experts globally. The role requires an understanding of the front-to-back business functions and a deep functional understanding of the systems in scope with the ability to understand technical detail as well as face off to senior stakeholders.
The FM Post Trade & Transaction Processing group is responsible for technology change which impacts post trade and transactional processing activity as well as the day to day responsibility of system ownership of the platforms.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Stakeholder management across (but not limited to) Front Office, Technology, Operations and Finance
- Line management of the Ops Technology team
- Management of vendors
- Deliver to the banks’ standards, policies and governance models when required
- Pro-actively manage risks, issues and communications in relation to assigned activities
- Pro-actively engage, manage and build strong relationships with both business and technology (including vendors) stakeholders
- Work with the business to understand their requirements and strategies. Question and challenge the status quo and assumptions
- Propose relevant solutions and alternatives to meet business needs. Facilitate their translation into clear, automated and globally standardized future state models
- Work proactively with your fellow team members at times across geographies.
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure they are fully engaged, communications are regular and honest and expectations are well managed
Qualifications & Skills
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience working in Investment Banking technology with proven track record of project delivery as a project manager
- Strong knowledge in Financial Markets with experience of delivering projects in the Client Clearing space as well as front to back understanding of multiple FM products.
- Experience of managing budgets in $1m-$5M range
- Recognised project management accreditation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Pragmatic team player with an attention to detail
- Ability to work proactively, independently and displays strong initiative
- Excellent analytical skills with high attention to detail as well as the ability to focus on the overall objective and good understanding of technology solutions.
- Strong knowledge of all phases of software development lifecycle
- Ability to understand technical detail (java experience preferred)
- Experience of working with vendors and global teams to deliver successfully and consistently
- Ability to learn quickly and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills, interpersonal skills, negotiation skills and organizational skills.
- Experience of supporting and working with the application management functions desirable
- Multicultural awareness
- Displays personal authority, integrity and ethics