This is a VP level Java Engineer job (London) at one of the most prominent, industry-leading financial services and technology companies in the world.
(Java 8, Spring, Order Management, Fixed)
This is a VP level Java developer role at a world-leading financial-services and Investment Banking company based in London. This team sits within the Front Office Sales and Trading platform department and delivers business critical software solutions to the rest of the company.
- Delivery of software on time and on budget, based on original scope and requirements
- Designing software and producing scalable and resilient technical designs
- Digesting and understanding Business Requirements and designing new modules/functionality to meet those needs
- Creating Automated Unit Tests using Flexible/Open Source Frameworks using a Test-Driven Development approach
- Partner with supporting tech leads to develop realistic and achievable project estimates
- Analysis and build within Control, Stability, Resiliency, Capacity & Performance areas
- Testing: Unit, SIT & UAT planning and management
- Robust delivery of code into the production environment
- Take part in decisions affecting long range organizational goals & strategic planning.
- Proactively look to develop, implement, and further development best practices across the group. The areas of focus should include, but not be limited to quality improvement, code reviews, code/architecture standards, code reuse, and reduction of support calls, technical documentation, and technical design specifications
- Excellent knowledge of Core Java (greater than 7 years)
- Prior experience with order management platforms (equities or any other asset class)
- Relevant university degree, or equivalent work experience
- Proven track record of application development experience
- Java Frameworks i.e. Spring; Hibernate
- Test Driven Development Skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Process analysis and design
- Experience in the following technologies would be useful, however not essential: MQ/JMS, Unix shell scripting
- Industry leading salary, bonus and pension.
- Flexible working
- Health Care and Life Assurance
- Extensive corporate discounts