Lead Network Engineer
Purpose of the Team:
The Network Engineering team responsibilities include:
• Designing, implementing, and maintaining a Global Network which includes Datacenter, Customer, and Corporate Networks
• The team is also responsible for maintaining Global Network standards, complying with audit, performing BCM activities, and the deployment of new technologies to fit business needs.
Purpose of the position includes:
• Ability to feed into developing architectural standards
• Creating high & low level Network designs derived from architectural standards
• Translating Network designs to implementation plans & change control
• Performing onsite & remote implementation activities in addition to implementation oversight
• Engagement with stakeholders including impacted end users & other technology areas to manage upcoming change
• Transitioning Network deployments to Operations
• Focusing primarily on Network project & program activities in EMEA
• Supporting the Network Engineering team globally to fulfil its objectives
Best Fit for the role:
• Have you ever analyzed, tested & authored new designs, and brought any technology solution through from design to implementation?
• Have you ever worked on a large multi-year program or project upgrading Network infrastructure globally?
• Have you ever performed detailed problem analysis and troubleshooting? Have you lead the effort to solve the problem collaboratively?
• Have you ever deployed applications or virtual infrastructure in the cloud?
• Have you ever designed and worked with a cross-functional team to deploy a Network routing and switching solution per the delivery requirements on a global scale?
• Have you ever had to work with an acquired company to merge Networks and applications?
• Design, engineering, and implementation of complex network solutions in a variety of disciplines & across hardware vendors
• Research, develop & implement innovative solutions using the architectural standards for Customer specific, Datacenter specific, or Corporate office specific use-cases.
• Work on creating low-level designs for the new products & architectural standards set by the architecture team.
• Research and develop automation tools to support the Continuous Integration / Continuous Development (CI/CD) movement.
• Provide fourth level support to the Operations Command Center; investigation, troubleshooting and resolving network communications and operations problems impacting customer, backbone access, or performance on a global basis.
All About You
• Network engineering, design, and architecture expertise with exposure to two or more of the following areas: LAN/WAN, firewalls, VOIP, QoS, Routing and Switching technologies while adhering to standard design methodologies and best practices
• Mastery of TCP/IP protocol communications, addressing & subnetting, knowledgeable with IPV6 addressing
• Firewall experience: Checkpoint as well as Palo Alto.
• Extensive knowledge of Cisco’s product portfolio; routers, switches.
• Knowledge of Aruba product portfolio; switches, ClearPass, APs.
• Knowledge of Arista product portfolio
• Extensive knowledge of Network diagnostics, protocols, and disciplines, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, SNMP, VPN, SSH, and MPLS technologies.
• Knowledge of security and encryption technologies including IPSEC & GRE tunnels on routers and firewalls.
• Familiarity with scripting tools such as git, Terraform, Powershell, Python.
Desirable or additional capabilities:
• Strong verbal and written communications skills, and excellent customer support capabilities
• Self-motivated demonstrating strong organizational and listening skills; and very detail oriented with the ability to carry out assigned tasks with minimal supervision
• Ability to consistently act in a professional manner and communicate with all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
• Methodical problem resolving skills and mastery of developing high level and detailed network designs; solid web applications and technologies a plus; Cisco certifications such as CCNP or CCDP desired but not required.
• Design, engineer, and implementation of Software Defined Networking. Special focus on VMWare NSX and/or Cisco ACI.
• Design, engineer and implement Arista spine-leaf technologies.
• Research and develop innovative solutions that support cloud connect strategies with Azure and AWS.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience