The selected candidate will undertake production support responsibilities for our Enterprise Data Warehouse, including (but not limited to) investigation of production issues, incident recovery & prevention, development of automation & optimization scripts.
The candidate will have the opportunity to learn and get hands-on experience on KDB+, the world’s fastest time-series database, used by many high frequency algorithmic trading applications.
While the initial role will be centered on production support, the role will transition into a DevOps role after the first 12-18 months, leading to increased responsibilities in software application development (in areas such as data analytics, data visualization and AI/Machine Learning).
· At least Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering.
· 7 to 10 years hands-on experience in critical production support. Related experience in other domains will also be considered.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
· Strong knowledge of Unix/Linux command line tools and systems administration.
· Strong knowledge of computing science fundamentals (e.g. file system layout, threads, processes, OS knowledge).
· Proficient in databases concepts and administration for SQL/NoSQL databases (e.g Oracle, MSSQL, MongoDB).
· Ability to react quickly to incidents and perform analysis & recovery within demanding timelines.
· Independent and able to manage internal users, external clients and solution vendors.
· q/KDB+ is an advantage but not a requirement.
· Software development in Java/C++/.NET/Python.
· Exposure to Agile, Continuous integration/Development, Test Driven Development methodologies, concepts and tools.
· Atlassian Suite (Jira, Bitbucket/Git, Confluence).
· Exposure to the financial services industry and end to end knowledge of Financial Markets products such as Equities, Commodities, FX and Fixed Income would be an added advantage.
· Experience in managing production change process in a production critical or tightly regulated environment.
· Direct experience in electronic trading, market data and real-time systems is a plus.
· Leader, mentor and team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong analytical skills and proven problem solving ability.
· Meticulous, methodological and yet flexible.
· High degree of focus, motivation and sense of duty and ownership.