Role: Microsoft SQL Administrator
MS SQL database administrator – FCI (WSFC and AlwaysOn), system engineer, T-SQL queries, AD environment experience, Zurich
This is an interesting opportunity to get on board with an internationally known financial player in Zurich. As Infrastructure and SQL Engineer you would be responsible for the Microsoft Server and MS SQL environment, with secondary responsibilities for 3rd level, application support and undertake solution architecture duties.
Responsibilities will include:
- Implementation, support, maintenance, and performance tuning of standalone, FCI MS SQL clusters Maintenance of the Microsoft server platform baseline configuration and introduction of new features
- Management of the security and configuration baselines for the Windows server environment
- Performance of project management activities alongside 3rd level support
- Creation of scripts for the purposes of automating technical infrastructure services and requests
In order to be a successful candidate you have to have:
- knowledge of Microsoft SQL database technologies, especially in FCI (WSFC and AlwaysOn), as well as backup restore management
- Strong knowledge in optimization of complex T-SQL queries and indexes, using execution plans, Extended Events, and other appropriate tools
- Good understanding of how to implement least privilege security within an AD environment
- Good command of English, both written and verbal
For more information about this Infrastructure and SQL Engineer position, please get in touch with me on email@example.com or give me a call on +41445785323.