This position involves the implementation and maintenance of program/project finance and assist with governance and compliance solutions for the programs/projects within the department. Located in Singapore, this role will have wide ranging responsibilities (detailed below) but ultimately will be accountable for the Program’s financial, headcount and project governance standards.
Manage and ensure program adherence to bank standards for program finance, vendor engagement supporting the project managers in the teams in Singapore, London, Malaysia and China.
The role is to be an individual contributor and by its nature, this role is expected to be very hands-on. The successful candidate is expected to have a reasonably detailed knowledge of the program and be able to add value by taking away the PMO burden from the PM’s that it is working with.
High level role definition
- Financial Oversight -Managing the Program’s financials ensuring that there is a good view across the entire program’s current position, projected run rate at all times with a low latency.
- Headcount Oversight – allied to the above, ensuring that we understand the current position with regards to current headcount, planned hires, location strategy and general position on the shape and size of the teams.
- Management Reporting – assisting the project managers in the production of steering committee packs to ensure that project financials and headcount are accurately and consistently reported across the program.
- Program Governance – ensuring that the program is consistently following the standards for project management
- Vendor Management – maintain a register of vendors used across the program and ensure that the vendor management policies of the Bank are followed.
- Financial Cost Management – Ensuring the program consistently remains within agreed tolerance levels on budget to actual variances
- Headcount monitoring
- Ensuring adherence to Program standards (e.g. progress reporting, risks and issues, change control, configuration management, etc.) across the Work Streams
- Assist to develop document standards and the deployment and adoption across the Work Streams
- Assist in recommendation actions to manage interfaces and critical dependencies between the Work Streams
- Assist the PM community on creation, tracking and timely delivery of key program artifacts – Weekly Program Status Reports, Issue & Risk Registers, financials, Benefit Realisation Reports etc
- Assist in conducting independent project health assessments and Phase Gates as, and when, required.
- QA of various project management deliverables as required
Qualifications and Experience
- This position requires:
- Over 5 years in Program Management / PMO experience in an Investment Banking environment on large scale change programs
- Experience of Governance and Assurance Activities
- Thorough understanding of the Project Lifecycle
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and written/verbal communication skills.