Project Manager – Capital Regulatory Projects
As Project Manager you will;
- Manage project teams to deliver Capital Regulatory projects for the Bank
- Delivery of regulatory and strategic Capital projects, including ownership of business benefits, representing budget control of ~$5m per year
- Ownership and accountability of projects from conception through to post-implementation review, ensuring all necessary governance steps, and testing practices are followed correctly and completely.
- Take ownership for the delivery of agreed business outcomes according to time, budget and scope.
- Enforce a structured approach to project delivery within the team to realise synergies and efficiencies where possible
- Advocate best practice change management protocols for projects, including multiple streams.
- Run regular working groups and steering committees as required, following program PMO guidelines
- Engage with senior level stakeholders and business managers on a regular basis
- Co-ordinate between FOT and Technology to assist delivery solutions to tight timescales
- This role requires strong project management skills, sound understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle, an understanding of functional areas and data requirements to satisfy delivery of business benefits.
- Projects utilise teams and skillsets in various locations, experience in a virtual project environment will also be useful.
- Define the implementation roadmap for each project – scope, detailed work plan, resource plan
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
- Establish a communication strategy to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
- Ensure delivery of the benefits as per the project execution document
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Measure project performance using appropriate metrics and techniques
- Stakeholders management – communication, issue remediation, risk management
- Manage respective project teams to deliver as per agreed plan
- Overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project.
- Coordinating internal resources and third parties/vendors to enable execution of Capital projects
Programme Management Awareness
- Complete project definition in line with Programme level strategy
- Throughout the life of the project review and prioritise to ensure ongoing alignment
- Ensure development of benefit profiles, and active management of benefit realisation
- Ensure robust and transparent programmatic controls including resource, financial, schedule and quality management, status reporting and governance – including use of automated tooling
- Ensure interdependencies with other projects and programmes are managed effectively
- Ongoing management of project capitalisation ratio’s and forecast
- Global head of Treasury Capital Risk
- Global head of Capital Regulatory Reporting
- Leads from internal and external programmes (Eg; BCBS 239 / IFRS9)
- Group Technology and Operations
Qualifications and Skills
- Good knowledge of organisational design and process implementation to support regulatory driven financial reporting
- Experience in running Capital projects especially on regulatory initiatives such as BCBS
- Broad understanding of financial reporting and financial reporting applications
- Experienced in all stages of the project lifecycle, e.g.
planning, requirements gathering, design documentation, testing and rollout
- Over 10 years in Project Management including experience in an Investment Banking environment on large scale change projects
- Thorough understanding of Project delivery methodologies – Agile, SDLC
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills covering both senior and operational levels
- Experience of programme definition and delivery in an evolving regulatory environment
- Capital and Regulatory PSC
- PSCs for Capital projects