Project Manager (Liquidity) sitting in the Finance Operations & Transformation team. To be successful in this role you will be a strong project manager with liquidity management experience, sound understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle, an understanding of functional areas and data requirements to satisfy delivery of business benefits. Project utilises teams and skill-sets in various locations, experience in a virtual project environment will also be useful.
- Manage the project team to deliver one of the Liquidity projects for the Bank. Project team comprises direct reports as well as virtual team.
- Deliver regulatory and strategic Liquidity projects, including ownership of business benefits, representing budget control of ~$3m per year
- Own and take accountability for the project from conception through to post-implementation review, ensuring all necessary governance steps, and testing practises are followed correctly and completely.
- Take ownership for the delivery of agreed business outcomes according to time, budget and scope.
- Enforce a structured approach to project delivery within the team to realise synergies and efficiencies where possible
- Advocate best practice change management protocols for a project, including multiple streams.
- Run regular working groups and steering committees as required, following program PMO guidelines
- Engage with senior level stakeholders and business managers on a regular basis
- Co-ordinate between FOT and Technology to assist delivery solutions to tight timescales
- Define the implementation roadmap for the project – scope, detailed work plan, resource plan
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
- Establish a communication strategy to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
- Ensure delivery of the benefits as per the project execution document
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Measure project performance using appropriate metrics and techniques
- Stakeholders management – communication, issue remediation, risk management
- Manage the project team to deliver as per agreed plan
- Overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project.
- Coordinating internal resources and third parties/vendors to enable execution of the Liquidity project
Programme Management Awareness
- Complete project definition in line with Programme level strategy
- Throughout the life of the project review and prioritise to ensure ongoing alignment
- Ensure development of benefit profiles, and active management of benefit realisation
- Ensure robust and transparent programmatic controls including resource, financial, schedule and quality management, status reporting and governance – including use of automated tooling (Clarity)
- Ensure interdependencies with other projects and programmes are managed effectively
- Ongoing management of project capitalisation ratio’s and forecast
- Global head of Treasury Liquidity Risk
- Global head of Liquidity Regulatory Reporting
- Leads from internal and external programmes (Eg; BCBS 239 / IFRS9)
- Group Technology and Operations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Good knowledge of organisational design and process implementation to support regulatory driven financial reporting
- Experience in running Liquidity projects especially on regulatory initiatives such as LCR/NSFR
- Broad understanding of financial reporting and financial reporting applications
- Experienced in all stages of the project lifecycle, e.g. planning, requirements gathering, design documentation, testing and rollout
- Over 10 years in Project Management including experience in an Investment or Corporate/Institutional Banking environment on large scale change projects
- Thorough understanding of Project delivery methodologies – Agile, SDLC
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills covering both senior and operational levels
- Experience of programme definition and delivery in an evolving regulatory environment