Senior Associate – Operational Risk
Key Duties and Responsibilities
* Engage with all functional teams on all operational risk-related matters.
* Assist with coordinating the operational risk management framework, including KOPs/CSA review, Error Monitoring, Business Continuity Management.
* Coordinate KOPs gap analysis during KOP/CSA reviews to facilitate the necessary enhancements to close control gaps, improve controls or business processes.
* Assist with the initial rollout and continual testing of ISAE 3402.
* Ensure that initial and periodic vendor due diligence is being conducted, and that relevant information is maintained in a vendor relationship management system.
* Assist with Error Monitoring process to identify and monitor errors. Key responsibilities include incident notification, incident classification, incident logging and incident report follow-ups.
* Assist with business continuity management coordination, including the coordination of all pre-BCP exercise preparations.
* Assist with the review of due diligence questionnaires and other relevant due diligence documents from an operational risk perspective.
* Assist with the review and update of Audit Risk Committee and other relevant management reports.
* Responsible for the independent monitoring of hedge fund performance to ensure that returns are consistent through the preparation of the monthly reports.
* Ensure that client guidelines are met and stress test requirements are performed independently from the investment team.
* Degree in Accounting, Finance or any other risk management related disciplines.
* ACCA, FRM, CFA, or similar qualifications are preferred.
Experience and Skills
* Minimal of 5 years relevant experience in asset management, banking, audit, accounting and/or insurance industry.
* Experience in auditing and/or automation of operational processes would be advantageous.
* Experience in operational risk appetite, modeling and operational value at risk (Ops VaR) would be considered positively.
* Experience with the rollout of ISAE 3402 and setting of control objectives.
* Experience with vendor relationship management systems and the onboarding of vendors.
* Good working knowledge of operational process flows and the potential pitfalls of control gaps.
* A team player with good interpersonal, written and communication skills, as well as, attention to detail.
* A proactive attitude and the ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
* Good working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Visio.
* Focused on quality and customer satisfaction.