Come be a part of building something new! Our client is looking for a Business Analyst to help modernise core catastrophe modelling and reporting workflows.
You will translate the product vision into detailed requirements, then work closely with a technology partner to deliver to our user community. We are looking for someone with a keen interest in streamlining processes and delivering simple yet robust systems to tackle real workflow problems.
- Work closely with multi-functional team of business partners to translate high-level product vision into practical requirements.
- Document business requirements into user stories and other forms as required.
- Work closely with IT & Business teams in agile fashion to deliver iterations quickly
- Design and implement testing to ensure delivered components meet the definition of done
- As product SME, draft documentation, provide user support, and lead demos for business partners
- Engage in solution design and apply domain and system knowledge to contribute alternative solutions to problem statement
Required skills & experience
- Degree in technical/quantitative field (e.g., Math, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Engineering, Computer Science, etc.)
- Related work experience
- UI / UX experience and familiarity with Proto io, Figma, Invision or something similar
- Self-starter: Comfortable working independently with minimal direction. Able to identify next steps and take initiative.
- Team player: Comfortable working with diverse groups across different time zones
- Excellent analytical, communication and organisational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience in the following areas is a plus:
- (Re)Insurance industry
- Experience with JIRA or other agile tools
- Experience with CAT Modelling software
WE OFFER IN RETURN!
Competitive salary & pension scheme, 25 days annual leave plus ability to purchase 5 additional days, Private Medical cover, Employee Share Purchase Plan, Life Assurance, Subsidised gym membership, Comprehensive Learning & development offerings.
Employee resource groups: Gender Equality Network, Abilities & Wellbeing, Social Mobility, Parents & Carers, Pride Network, Cultural Awareness Network.
Work Locations: London - Leadenhall
Job Field: Information Technology
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contractor (FTC)
Job Type: Standard
Contract Duration: 12 Month(s)