Senior Design Researcher – Customer Experience - Commercial Banking
We are recruiting a Senior Design Researcher to join a forward-thinking, creative, dynamic team to help us deliver an exceptional Customer Experience for our Corporate customers globally.
Our customers want to focus on building and growing their businesses – and we want to support them in doing that by removing their financial stresses. This means that our experience vision is to both strengthen our customers’ finances and reduce the emotional strains they feel. We’re excited to bring together the emotional and financial side of banking to make a difference for our customers and our company.
To support our customer experience vision, we’re changing the way we think and work across the Global Corporate Bank (GCMB). Our Customer Experience team has been established to be a front-runner in our business to both deliver material improvements for our customers and colleagues, while also transforming GCMB to be a customer-led organization. As part of CX, our team of Design Researchers supports these goals by helping our business to fundamentally change the way we create and deliver solutions.
Quite simply put, our mission in CX is to embed Design Thinking into our company’s DNA. We’re continuing to build our team with people that are motivated by the challenge to improve the way we problem-solve and make an impact for our customers and colleagues. More specifically, our team is growing with wonderful people that have strong Design Research capabilities and expertise, as well as a passion for building teams and embedding human-centric design systemically. With your help, we’ll scale this way of working and enable our company to not only achieve our customer vision but also continuously evolve to meet our customers’ changing needs globally. This unique opportunity to make an impact around the world is just starting and it’s a great time to join and help strengthen our team.
The role of Senior Design Researcher is a key position responsible for helping to lead and drive the implementation of the Customer Experience vision across CMB, whilst also growing our people and ways of working. This role provides an opportunity to work across cross-functional teams globally and to influence the direction of our business and senior leaders. In short, you can have a direct impact on shaping key experiences for millions of customers and thousands of colleagues around the world. This role will be reporting to the Head of Design Research.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
· Understanding and advocating for the customers and colleagues that experiences are being designed and developed for to ensure all products and services are easy to use and help businesses to thrive.
· Lead assumption and hypothesis mapping activities with stakeholders to capture and prioritize research questions, inform research strategy and enable efficient planning and propose solutions beyond initial objectives and requirements.
· Planning, conducting, and synthesis of qualitative research activities to inform decision-making on CX strategy and digital design projects throughout the design lifecycle.
· Scoping quantitative research and when needed creating and analyzing basic survey responses.
· Managing existing and new research insights, data, and trends to ensure they remain useful and actionable by the project team and wider organization.
· Tracking and measuring the impact of research activities and ensuring insights are actioned.
· Monitoring research budget usage and gaining additional budget approvals as needed
· Coaching and delivering training to non-researchers to understand the differences in different research approaches and participating in design research activities to ensure valid conclusions are made.
· Managing other design researchers and supporting community knowledge sharing and development activities and leading initiatives to continue to strengthen the design research discipline
· Defining and operationalizing research processes to enable efficiencies across all CX workstreams
· Managing resources to achieve business targets and objectives
· Show agility and creativity in integrating design research into the work, simultaneously offering critique and new possibilities based on reasonable constraints.
· Work within risk and compliance procedures to ensure risks are identified, assessed and appropriate mitigations and controls are put in place.
The role holder will have a responsibility to shape and co-create enhanced experiences, with the focus on enabling our colleagues to have the mindset, framework, and tools to continuously create proven solutions for our customers and business. As a Senior Design Researcher, you’ll also have the opportunity to really bring Design Thinking into the core of our business and act as a Design Thinking coach for teams across the Corporate bank.
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
· Graduate degree in Cognitive Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, Cultural Anthropology, or related degree desirable.
· At least 5 years practical experience in at least 2 of the following Design research specialisms (Behavioral economic and behavior change; Anthropology/ethnography; Co-creation UX/Usability research; Quantitative research and statistics; Eye-tracking; Data science)
· Experience in conducting remote research and facilitating activities with remote teams in different time zones.
· Experience in conducting B2B and/or internal research projects throughout the design lifecycle.
· Experienced in the interpretation of quantitative data sources, such as A/B testing, feedback surveys, and analytics.
· Knowledge of a wide range of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and able to help teams scope, plan and conduct research activities within the constraints of the project.
· Experienced at managing insights and research data to ensure they remain accessible and useful and creating tools and artifacts to build empathy, ensure insights are actioned, and ensure needs are understood throughout the customer journey.
· Experienced at mapping assumptions and hypotheses and managing a backlog of research questions and able to facilitate group analysis and interpretation of findings.
· Strong listening and observation skills and proven ability to provide research advice to product teams and coach and educate others in design research.
· Experience in Strong written and oral storytelling and communication skills to help teams understand and act on research findings and identify solutions
· Experience in creating materials and ability to deliver effective presentations to senior stakeholders
· Experience in coordinating a diverse suite of stakeholders to gain alignment and sign off as needed.
· Strong organization skills and ability to prioritize and handle multiple ongoing assignments
· Able to work under pressure and show flexibility to redesign solutions in the face of ongoing changes.
· Experience in working within risk and compliance procedures to ensure risks are identified, assessed and appropriate mitigations and controls are put in place.