Experienced Incident Manager required at a leading Global Bank to lead and improve resolution, consistency and control over the management of Major Incidents. In this role you will be seen as the owner of the Major Incident, with overall responsibility for enforcing proper execution of the process, coordinating and overseeing individual incident owners and support teams involved in troubleshooting and ensuring meaningful communication is sent on-time to the relevant.
During Major Incident;
- End to end ownership of the Major Incident with the aim to minimise the time to restore
- Coordination of all support engineers involved in the troubleshooting with the possibility to involve other support groups
- Ensure a systematic process is followed for all Major Incidents from opening to closure
- Assess Incident complexity and decide to apply the Crisis Management process if required: trigger and liaise with the Crisis Manager to manage communication with and escalation to Executive management (refer to Crisis Management process).
- Track incident progress to resolution and responsible for communicating progress to higher management and transverse relevant teams.
- Facilitate exchanges between the relevant support staff through setting up ad-hoc Conference Bridge / Business Chat groups and / or direct contacts. In particular, ensure diagnosis, action plans and key initiatives are shared with the relevant parties across technical towers and geographies.
- Drive discussions to a pragmatic outcome in a reasonable timeframe in order to ensure the key decisions are taken on time or escalated to higher management. As a last resort, responsible for choosing between resolution solutions, or escalating in case of disagreement between technical teams and after assessing all impacts with relevant stakeholders (Experts, Managers and / or Business line IT).
- Activate and manage the Incident WAR Room.
Regular Operations (no Major Incident);
- Coordinate the write up of the Incident Report, collecting inputs from all parties and ensuring high quality of the final document.
- Organize Post-Incident Meeting to share / brainstorm on actions and suggestions to avoid similar incidents in the future or shorten resolution time. This involves writing and publishing organizational Incident Report which details organizational issues experienced during resolution and suggest improvements the swift team reaction.
- Ensure consistency of the incident documentation / references across all systems.
- Report KPI and analysis to senior management on key inputs linked to Major Incidents content and trends.
- Write and publish the organizational Post-Mortem of Incident which details organizational issues experienced during resolution and suggested improvement areas to improve team interaction and fluidity.
- Provide Consolidated Reports (Based on KPIs) for various committees.
- Ensure Procedures and Documentation is up-to-date (Diagrams, checklist…).
- Maintain the escalation tree (internal and with third parties).
- Share and promote best practices and lessons learnt on Major Incident management to internal stakeholders (support teams, management).
- Report to operational Manager on the efficiency of the Major Incident Management process.
- Act as Process manager ensuring that the Incident Management process is applied in a systematic and consistent manner by leveraging on lessons learnt.
Your key skills will include…:
- Leadership abilities with ability to do efficient multitasking
- Clear Verbal and writing Communication skills at multiple levels in an international context and should be able to follow organisation process
- Client Oriented with Strong Relationship management with experience in IT Support and service Management
- Reactive in nature and strong ability to solve problems by using different methods
- Ability to learn and adapt and to be proactive
- Ability to work simultaneously with different profiles (technical/functional, medium/top management, etc.)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Infrastructure or Application support hands on experience of 4-6 years mandatory
- Overall experience 7-9 Years
- Crisis Management
- IT Literacy: Knowledge of IT Ecosystem & Operations Background with experience in IT for Capital Market and Corporate Banking to the extent of knowing Front office to back office application flow
- Having knowledge about monitoring tools and scheduling jobs would be plus
- Understanding of transversal technologies (SAN, Unix, Windows, Network, DBA, CTRL-M, MQ)
- Technologies and/or Applications background