Senior Network Engineer
Purpose of the Team:
The Network Engineering team responsibilities include:
• Designing, implementing, and maintaining a Global Network which includes Datacenter, Customer, and Corporate Networks
• The team is also responsible for maintaining Global Network standards, complying with audit, performing BCM activities, and the deployment of new technologies to fit business needs.
Purpose of the position includes:
• Creating high & low level Network designs derived from architectural standards
• Translating Network designs to implementation plans & change control
• Performing onsite & remote implementation activities in addition to implementation oversight
• Engagement with stakeholders including impacted end users & other technology areas to manage upcoming change
• Transitioning Network deployments to Operations
• Focusing primarily on Network project & program activities in EMEA
• Supporting the Network Engineering team globally to fulfil its objectives
Best Fit for the role:
• Have you ever designed & implemented any new technologies?
• Have you ever worked on a large multi-year program or project upgrading Network infrastructure globally?
• Have you ever performed detailed problem analysis and troubleshooting? Have you lead the effort to solve the problem collaboratively?
• Have you ever deployed applications or virtual infrastructure in the cloud?
• Have you ever worked with a cross-functional team to deploy a Network routing and switching solution per the delivery requirements on a global scale?
• Have you ever had to work with an acquired company to merge Networks and applications?
• Design, engineering, and implementation of complex network solutions in a variety of disciplines & across hardware vendors
• Ability to implement the architectural standards for Customer specific, Datacenter specific, or Corporate office specific use-cases.
• Working on automation tools to support the Continuous Integration / Continuous Development (CI/CD) movement.
• Provide fourth level support to the Operations Command Center; investigation, troubleshooting and resolving network communications and operations problems impacting customer, backbone access, or performance on a global basis
All About You
• Network engineering expertise with exposure to two or more of the following areas: LAN/WAN, firewalls, VOIP, QoS, Routing and Switching technologies while adhering to standard design methodologies and best practices
• Mastery of TCP/IP protocol communications, addressing & subnetting, knowledgeable with IPV6 addressing
• Firewall experience: Checkpoint as well as Palo Alto.
• Knowledge of Cisco’s product portfolio; routers, switches.
• Knowledge of Aruba product portfolio; switches, ClearPass, APs
• Knowledge of Arista product portfolio
• Knowledge of Prisma Global Protect solution
• Extensive knowledge of Network protocols, and disciplines, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, SNMP, VPN, SSH, and MPLS technologies.
• Knowledge of security and encryption technologies including IPSEC & GRE tunnels on routers and firewalls.
• Cisco certifications such as CCNA.
• Familiarity with scripting tools such as Python.
Desirable or additional capabilities:
• Strong verbal and written communications skills, and excellent customer support capabilities
• Self-motivated demonstrating strong organizational and listening skills; and very detail oriented with the ability to carry out assigned tasks with minimal supervision
• Ability to consistently act in a professional manner and communicate with all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
• Methodical problem resolving skills.
• Implementation of Cisco ACI.
• Understanding of Arista spine-leaf technologies is good to have.
• Understanding of AWS and Azure cloud solutions is good to have.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience