UX Manager – Customer Experience - Commercial Banking
We are recruiting a UX Manager to join a forward-thinking, creative, dynamic team to help us deliver an exceptional Customer Experience for our Corporate customers globally.
Our customers want to focus on building and growing their businesses – and we want to support them in doing that by removing their financial stresses. This means that our experience vision is to both strengthen our customers’ finances and reduce the emotional strains they feel. We’re excited to bring together the emotional and financial side of banking to make a difference for our customers and our company.
To support our customer experience vision, we’re changing the way we think and work across the Global Corporate Bank (GCMB). Our Customer Experience team has been established to be a front-runner in our business to both deliver material improvements for our customers and colleagues, while also transforming GCMB to be a customer-led organization. As part of CX, our team of UX Managers supports these goals by helping our business to fundamentally change the way we create and deliver solutions.
Quite simply put, our mission in CX is to embed Design Thinking into our company’s DNA. We’re continuing to build our team with people that are motivated by the challenge to improve the way we problem-solve and make an impact for our customers and colleagues. More specifically, our team is growing with wonderful people that have strong UX, Service Design, Design Research (and more) capabilities, and expertise, as well as a passion for building teams and embedding human-centric design systemically. With your help, we’ll scale this way of working and enable our company to not only achieve our customer vision but also continuously evolve to meet our customers’ changing needs globally. This unique opportunity to make an impact around the world is just starting and it’s a great time to join and help strengthen our team.
The role of UX Manager is a key position responsible for helping to drive the implementation of the Customer Experience vision across CMB. This role provides an opportunity to work across cross-functional teams globally and to influence the direction of our business. In short, you can have a direct impact on shaping and delivering key experiences for millions of customers and thousands of colleagues around the world. This role will be reporting to the UX Lead.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
· Being the voice of the customer at all times;
· Helping to shape seamless UX solutions that embed Design Thinking into the way our business creates value - consistently and at scale - alongside the Head of Customer Experience;
· Inspiring the wider CMB team to build and evolve our Design Thinking mindset, tools, and techniques, including facilitating and supporting interactive Design Thinking sessions as a co-facilitator;
· Maintaining and leveraging relationships across the bank to generate awareness and support of the CX agenda
· Ensuring that delivery adheres to established design standards
· Support the execution of user research to inform design decisions;
· Ensuring the latest trends in digital behavior and design are understood and utilized within the day-to-day project delivery, as well as when making key decisions
· Translating requests into briefs (problems and hypotheses to solve) that are both clear and motivating for the team and stakeholders;
Qualifications - External
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
· Proven experience within UX Design, supporting strategic design projects in a large organization;
· Proven experience understanding and changing customer behavior;
· Strong relationship management and influencing skills, outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels;
· A good knowledge of the financial sector is preferred;
· Proven ability to support teams in applying the Design Thinking methodology to develop experiences in creative ways;
· Experience in influencing senior leaders to change ways of working and adopt more customer-centric decision making, creating awareness and advocacy for the customer and work you do;
· Experience delivering multi-channel designs or solutions across large-scale programs and businesses;
· Ability to execute on the design and implementation of experiences across human and digital channels;
· Experienced in facilitating end-to-end collaborative design sessions, including with large and/or senior audiences is desirable
· A genuine and relentless passion for creating customer-centric solutions that are also commercially viable and differentiating;
· A natural ability to quickly digest and understand complex information to help teams solve problems and translate into experience designs;
· A degree or equivalent in human-centered design, psychology, research, engineering, or similar background.