Job title: Virtualization Operations Engineer
The Core Infrastructure Group at the bank is currently looking for an enthusiastic, proactive candidate to help complement the current operations team. The purpose of the role is to provide support in maintaining and improving the virtualized operating environment and supporting the operations team in lifecycle management, resolving technical issues, and coordinating changes with various outsourcing partners.
This position would be part of the Data Centres unit composed of 4 members. The team is small but diligent and has synergies with other teams (Networking / Linux / DBA unites - all part of the Core Infrastructure group).
The candidate is expected to have proven in-depth knowledge and experience with data centre infrastructure and virtualization technologies. We are looking for candidates that already performed in an operational role before, 2nd and 3rd level troubleshooting of technical issues in cooperation with other specialized teams.
Please note that we require hands-on candidates to perform a senior role (therefore we required candidates with senior experience).
Senior engineer with experience in operational tasks working with VMware and other technologies offering an adaptable, approachable, and flexible attitude in work performance. Please note that the technical and interpersonal balance for this role is very
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Preparation and execution of infrastructure upgrades
- Security and vulnerabilities management. Assessing risks & implementation / collaborative working with team members and service-managed partners
- INC + CHG management in relation to DC & VMware infrastructure
- Monitoring, reporting and capacity planning
- Improvement of the current DC infrastructure
- Cisco UCS infrastructure (UCS Manager, Fabric Interconnects, service profiles, service Template, chassis, B/C series servers)
- Storage management and provisioning (PowerMAX, PowerStore, Netapp, SRDF/S, NFS/CIFS shares, Cisco MDS, Pure)
- VMware infrastructure (stretched cluster, vSphere 7, vROPs, vRLI, SCOM/Opslogix, vSAN )
- RCM and lifecycle management for DC components incl. remote locations
- Failover and DR preparation & execution
- Swift CSP concept
- RFC management for "managed devices"
- Integration with internal/company infrastructure tools
- Adopting/supporting new technology solutions
- Backup solution integration/administration (Avamar&networker, Veeam, DataDomain) from an infrastructure point of view
- Ansible automation - Tower & Playbooks integration
- “Azure IAAS understanding as a potential future concept”
· A good understanding of datacentre technologies, requirements, and processes
· Solid understanding of Storage, Network and Compute in an enterprise virtualization context
· At least 3 years of experience building, maintaining and operating resilient virtualization platforms based on VMware technology
· Experience with (hyper-)converged infrastructure and software-defined network and storage technologies
· Experience with storage systems: NetApp and VSAN
· Ability to follow ITIL-based change management procedures and processes.
Nice to Have:
· Experience with PowerMax and Pure storage systems
· Experience with Veeam or Networker backup solution used within a virtualized environment
· Experience with automation tools such as Ansible
· Experience with system deployment automation
· Knowledge of Cloud-based technologies including experience with Azure and/or AWS
· Broad understanding of IT best practices and their application in a business environment.