- This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated Scrum Master with a passion for agile scrum practices and a keen delivery mindset to join our team - Strategic Advisors Technology (SAT). The role involves performing the scrum master role for 2 scrum squads. This will require a combination of project management, scrum facilitation as well as leadership skills.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent.
- 5+ years in an IT role (project management/software engineering/software quality/team lead).
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Excellent facilitation and information reporting skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in working with a distributed agile (scrum) team.
- Experience in financial services desired.
The Value You Deliver
- Facilitating the planning of work for scrum teams including effective planning and utilization of scrum team capacity.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, & radiating information.
- Collaborate with Delivery lead, product owners, and technical leads to enable an effective delivery process.
- Improve the team's delivery capacity by maximizing the effectiveness of release and iteration planning, and retrospectives.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Adding value by removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Providing necessary support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
- You are a collaborative peer who thrives with autonomy and can work across local and distributed teams.
- You share your knowledge and enjoy mentoring other members of the team.