Our client, a leading international bank, is looking for a Scrum Master with strong Financial Markets product domain knowledge as well as exceptional stakeholder management skills.
Strong in FM product domain and stakeholder management
- Partnering with the business to identify which capabilities are needed or lacking, and aligning the right functions to work with the business
- Providing sound advice and support to the leadership team
- Challenging static thinking and actively influencing day to day decisions to achieve objectives and efficiency
- Pro-actively engage, manage and build strong relationships with both business and technology (including vendors) Product Owners/stakeholders. Have a deep understanding of Financial instruments life cycle, including but not restricted to, structured products, OTC, FX, Fixed income.
Agile and Scrum Master expertise
- Conduct/oversee Agile ceremonies to make sure that all parties are on track with sprint backlog’s aims as well as managing co-ordination and dependencies of deliveries via scrum of scrums.
- Facilitate agile ceremonies e.g. Daily Stand-up, Sprint Planning, Retrospective
- Help in defining, reporting and meeting (by removing impediments) Team (Squad) objectives and key results
- Facilitate progress tracking and visualisation of work using Agile metrics and tools e.g. burndown charts
- Supports the Team (Squad) by coordinating with other Squads and 3rd parties
- Manage the processes of decomposition and task estimation, finding dependencies with other Squads and updating backlog in the production system
- Ensure adherence and continuous improvement of Agile practices, coaches and teaches new techniques to the Team as needed to achieve optimum productivity
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of safety, collaboration, trust through facilitation of retrospectives and fostering an honest feedback culture among members
- Remove obstacles and impediments to the Team’s (Squad's) progress, and escalates as required
- Ensure that the initiatives are managed in line with good project management/agile practices and standards utilising internal frameworks and tools
- Define and formulate the implementation plan (including key dependencies, resource requirements and interlocks).
- Coordinating with cross discipline teams to review requirements and provide estimates for enhancements and initiative deliverables (agile or waterfall).
- Preparing status reports by gathering, analysing, and summarizing relevant information.
- Facilitating change requests to ensure that all parties are informed of the impacts on schedule and budget.
- Have a good depth of knowledge of microservices architecture and client channels to ensure design of optimised solutions for our internal and external clients. Challenge current thinking and work towards agility, accuracy, reusability, and velocity in delivering solutions from MVPs through to more complete solutions.
- Manage project financials through the Clarity tool to within the prescribed margins.
Providing service to Product Owner (PO)
- Facilitate and coach the processes of work decomposition, backlog management and dependency management between Teams (Squads) and other units of the organisation
- Support the PO to ensure that objectives and key results, scope, and product domain are understood by Team (Squad) members
- Support the PO in breaking down work to maximize and optimize the business value delivered by Team (Squad) members
- Support the PO in finding and implementing newer and emerging backlog management techniques
- Assist business functions with determining where inefficiencies lie, where overheads/costs can be reduced and where improvements can be made to increase revenues
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of current processes, inefficiencies, issues and risks.
- Be an active, vocal team member of workshops, discussions and working groups.
- Define and monitor at a work stream level key risk and issues and manage them within Clarity
- Work closely with the Group Functions and Business Areas to implement / enhance data quality controls and documentation ensuring all standards for solutions and deployments are documented and met.
- 12+ Years of experience in Banking/Financial Industry
- Agile Scrum Master Certification (CSM or PSM-I) is essential
- FRM / CFA qualifications are desirable
- LUMA certified design thinking practitioner good to have
This is a permanent, full-time role.